Do you own a blog or a website? Are you struggling to rank higher in search results on Google for your intended keywords? As its very important to come in front of user while they are searching for your type of product or service, that too on a tight budget(huh..). The solution to this is Search Engine Optimization(SEO), the organic way of improving rankings on search engine result page. Lets understand SEO and implement it..
Search Engine optimization is not the process of making search engine better but it is the process of optimizing your website so that it is shown to the users while they do Google search. It is an organic way of boosting your ranking, you don’t have to spend money, unlike Google or Facebook ads.
Lets dig a little deep into it…
Search Engines are answer machines, and they have millions of pages of information stored which is presented to user for particular keywords. So the search engine looks for the best answers for user’s query and shows quality results at the top to create a great user experience.
There are three types of SEO:
- On Page SEO
- Off Page SEO
- Technical SEO
- On page SEO deals with the content on your website or blog. The search engine will consider the page if the content is compelling and unique and adds value to the user. Keyword research is one of the most important activity of On page SEO. Along this the title, headings, images and description of the page play an important role.
- Now that you have created valuable content, its important to make it sure it’s not only read by humans but by search engines too. Technical SEO deals with the technical aspects like URL, robots.txt and site-map of the website or blog.
You've created content that people are searching for, that answers their queries, and search engines can understand that too, but it’s not sufficient to rank. To outrank the rest of the sites with those qualities, you have to establish authority. That can be done by earning links from authoritative websites and building your brand. Off Page SEO deals with the activity off the page, I.e the activities are not directly linked with the content, but they are done in order to improve the authenticity and authority of the page. In simple words, if everyone else is giving your page importance, Google ll do so as well.
Lets have a quick look at some tips for SEO:
- Never use # in URL, as Google bot does not support URL with #.
- Write for humans first, and search engines second.
- Remove anything that slows down the website.
- Use readable and meaningful URL only.
- Use right keywords in your images.
- Write unique and descriptive meta descriptions.
- Don’t forget to make your page/ site mobile friendly.
- Email Marketing Manager
There are various Digital Marketing Courses available online and offline to gain insights on SEO.